Sunday, 17 January 2016

Modelling Sketches

The faces will be modelled in two sections with a split at the eyes so that when animating the face one section will hold the eye in place while the other is replaced. I have decided the backs of the faces will have a small lump on each side that will slot into position when attached to the head, to stop the face falling off while also making the faces easy to replace so that the character doesn't move when I am changing them. 

Because the faces I will be producing are going to be bigger than the faces I created last year I have modelled them to be thinner and hopefully reduce printing costs.

Below are the sketches I did to help me understand the layout of the face and where it will need to be split to make it easier to animate.






For a modelling reference I used an enlarged version of the side view image below and the face from my final sketch of the character done in the pre production module. Because I had to model the inside of the mouth I ended up changing the facial expression.

This last image is from the pre-production module and was just a reference for modelling.



No comments:

Post a Comment